Your feedback as a Grünfin user is incredibly important to us. That’s why, over the summer, we gathered various input and ideas to make Grünfin even more functional and better for you.
We’re implementing three main updates:
#1 Green Stock Portfolio option
At Grünfin, we believe in long-term wealth accumulation and aim to diversify our clients' assets with reasonable risk.
Previously, our highest-risk impact investment portfolio comprised 85% stock index funds and 15% bond funds. Now, you can choose a more ambitious risk level of 100% stock funds.
There are four different risk levels available, all composed of diversified ETFs and tailored to your chosen themes:
- Conservative: 15% stocks, 85% bonds
- Balanced: 40% stocks, 60% bonds
- Progressive: 85% stocks, 15% bonds
- Ambitious: 100% stocks
#2 New Theme: S&P 500 Planet Friendly
Now, you can select the S&P 500 Planet Friendly theme among your Grünfin portfolio choices, alongside with climate, gender equality, and health themes.
The S&P 500 is a stock index essentially composed of the 500 largest publicly traded companies in the US. It is regarded as one of the best indicators of the overall US stock market.
By selecting this theme, through a stock ETF, you’ll be exposed to the S&P 500 Paris-Aligned Climate Index, a subset of the S&P 500 that includes the companies most committed to the Paris Agreement.
For example, Apple holds the most significant position in this index.
What returns can you expect from the Green S&P 500 theme?
Since the creation of the Paris Climate Agreement in 2016, this green index fund has shown better returns than the classic S&P 500.
#3 For retail customers: Removing Success Fee. New service fee - 0.7% yearly.
During the summer, we gathered feedback from our retail clients regarding Grünfin’s pricing structure. It became clear that the current subscription-based model felt unfamiliar and was perceived as more expensive.
We received a clear signal that users prefer the familiar percentage-based pricing model.
Starting from 29.09.23, new retail clients will pay 0.7% annually as their fee.
For Grünfin clients who joined the platform before 28.09.23, you have the option to choose your preferred pricing model: either €3.9/month with a performance fee or an annual service fee of 0.7% on your total investments.
What exactly changes in the pricing structure ?
- The current performance fee (15% above expected returns) is removed.
- Instead of the €3.9 monthly fee, all portfolios will have an annual service fee of 0.7%. For example, for a €1,000 portfolio, this amounts to €0.58 per month.
- Other fees, such as asset sales fees, remain unchanged. How is the 0.7% service fee calculated?
Let’s break down how we calculate the fee so you can understand it better.
- Pricing: 0.7% annually on total investments - calculated monthly, which equals 0.7% / 12 months = 0.058%
- Your investments with Grünfin: €1,000 *
- * Please note that we are using the monthly average portfolio value ; it can vary a bit based on the market movements or your contributions to the portfolio (for example adding x € in the middle of the month). More about it in our FAQ
- Your monthly fee: €1,000 x 0.058% = €0.58 per month
- No other fees apply.
Wish to make changes to your current portfolio?
Log in to your Grünfin account, click on the portfolio’s name and select the Settings section. From there, you can select a new risk level or add the S&P 500 Planet Friendly theme. All new purchases to your portfolio will be made according to the new settings.
These could also be interesting to you
Do US Elections Affect the Stock Market?
The US presidential election is less than a year away. On November 5, 2024 voters will either reelect a Democratic president or switch to a Republican. As odd as this may seem, America’s presidency has been governed by only two parties for over 150 years. As the world’s largest economy and stock market, it’s worth analyzing how US elections have historically affected the country’s stock market.
Product Updates: 100% Stock Portfolio, S&P 500 Planet Friendly Theme, and removing Success Fee
Main product updates from Septmember 2023
What is the S&P 500 Planet Friendly theme?
All the info about S&P 500 Planet Friendly option. You can now invest in S&P 500 companies